Kylie's Demonstrator Training Program Blog Hop- March 2020


Welcome to Grand Falls, New Brunswick, Canada! I hope the 'hop' went well! My name is Marika Laforge and I have been a demonstrator for almost 2 years now. I had the chance to play with the Timeless Tulip and I would love to share a few cards I created inspired by my fellow demonstrators. Keep reading to know more about these cards.


Healing Tulip

The first card was CASEd from one of my teammates, Gillian Long. I love her technique of coloring vellum with our Watercolor Pencils then using our Blender Pens to smooth and blend the colors together. Punch out the tulip and its petals and you get this amazing ombre tulip! I used a strip of Peaceful Poppies DSP and the die-cut frame is from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. I stamped the stem and leaf in Old Olive to match the DSP. Add a little bow, stamp your sentiment and voila! Card is done!



Happy Mother's Day

I've been meaning to make a card with vellum as the card base and this is what I came up with. I cut 2 pieces of Whisper White at 4 1/4 X 5 1/2, took both piece to my Paper Trimmer and put them at an angle on the cutting line and just chopped it. Make sure to glue both pieces back to back on your card base, I got a smaller piece and a larger piece. I put the larger pieces on the back piece of the card base so you can see it through the card front. I simply stamped my images and greeting on the card front and added a few pearls.



Happy Springs

This card I saw on Martin Stone's Instagram and thought it was so pretty so I cased this one too! Or I used it for inspiration since I didn't really copy it exactly. I punched out a few tulips out of Highland Heather and some out of Blushing Bride, after stamping them in their matching colors. Stamped the leaves on Pear Pizzazz and punched those out too always using the Tulip Builder Punch. Card base is Blushing Bride, I added some vellum as a layer behind the tulips. Stamped my sentiment on a Whisper White strip, glued on pearls and that was it. 



I really had fun creating these cards and it's always exciting to see the ideas in my head come out on paper and I get to share it all with you! Thanks again for hopping all the way to Grand Falls, Canada. Interesting fact: we have the largest falls east of Niagara Falls and it's such a nice site to see.

You were visiting Marika Laforge's Blog, hop on over to the next demonstrator and enjoy your travels!

Marika -xo

Comments

  1. So pretty! Love your card, Marika!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am just noticing that the other cards are not showing :( I am happy you enjoyed!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty Marika. Nice to hop with you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awh.... I'm so humbled that you CASE'd me on your blog!! mwa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your card was really amazing and I really enjoy coloring vellum! Such a fun technique.

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely Spring card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! I'm just a little sad the other cards didn't show up. Technical difficulty :S

      Delete
  5. Beautiful cards Marika! I particularly like the first one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Probably because that's the only one you can see! HAHA! I'll try to figure something out.

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely effect, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You should try it, I love using the Blender Pen on vellum cardstock!

      Delete
  7. Technical issues so could only see the first card, and I love it! Great CASEing of Gilly's card. Thank you for taking part in our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't casing great? I love this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty projects, Marika. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts