I've Been Crafting

Guess what, I have found a new-to-me card layout. Including your card bases, you need 1 sheet of coloured cardstock, 1 sheet of Whisper White (or Very Vanilla) and 1 sheet of 12X12 Designer Series Paper. I need to find a name for it!

Now the cards are not the regular size, they will be 4 1/4 X 4 1/4, but still fit in Stampin’ Up!®️ medium envelopes. Check my Youtube video channel, Like and Subscribe to get notified when my video tutorial using the Ornate Garden comes out Sunday.

This technique gives you 9 cards and the left overs from the card bases can be used to make more! Here are the details.

For your Whisper White cardstock, these are the measurements. You'll make your first cut at 7" 7/8, 5" 1/4 and 2" 5/8. On the landscape side, you'll cut a 10" 1/2, 7" and 3" 1/2. You'll have 9 equal piece of 2" 5/8 X 3" 1/2.


For your coloured cardstock, your first cut will be at 8" 1/4, 5" 1/2 and 2" 3/4. Then flip your strips on the long side and cut at 10" 7/8, 7" 1/4 and 3" 5/8. You'll have 9 pieces measuring 2" 3/4 X 3" 5/8. 


Now, for your Designer Series Paper, you'll simply cut at 4" on all sides to have a perfect square piece of 4"X4".


As I said earlier, your card bases will be 8" 1/2 X 4" 1/4, scored at 4" 1/4.

Stick your DSP to your card base. Stamp your sentiment on the Whisper White piece and glue to coloured cardstock. Add dimensional and adhere to DSP. 

Look how cute these are! To complete this pack of 9 cards, I used the French Ornate Thanks stamp set and Calypso Coral ink. I inked my stamp once, stamped it at the bottom and kept stamping my way up.


Thanks for reading,
Let's make this world a better place one handmade card at a time.
Marika -xo

Comments

Popular Posts