Kylie's Demonstrator Training Program Blog Hop - April 2020


Hello Spring!

Isn't it nice seeing the sun? I'm relieved that it doesn't have to self-isolate because we definitely need its energy and beautiful light! I think it helps with all the grey that is going on in the world. Like the saying goes: April showers bring May flowers. Have faith and we will get through this unknown time.

My name is Marika and I am presently on maternity leave. My little fellow will be turning 9 months this month, in 3 days actually. I am a fairly new demonstrator located in Canada, I joined in June 2018. I've been a crafter my whole life, so I was super happy to find Stampin’ Up!®️ back then.

Here is the card I made for April's hop! I landed on my Seasonal Wreath 3D embossing folder and immediately said this would make a cute Spring wreath. I needed to find small flowers to decorate my wreath so I looked through my stamp collection and found the Free As A Bird stamp set: PERFECT!


I coloured the leaves of the wreath with Old Olive Combo Blends and Mossy Meadow Combo Blends. I also added some Crumb Cake (dark and light) and some Soft Suede (dark and light) to some of the 'twigs'. I then stamped my flowers in Crumb Cake (2nd generation) on Crumb Cake cardstock. I used my Watercolor Pencils and the Blender Pen to color in them. I fussy cut them out and adhere to the wreath with the Liquid Glue Pen. Because of the embossed wreath, it gave dimension to the flowers. I found a small 'hello' from my retired stamp sets and the 'spring' is with the Make A Difference stamp set. Fussy cut those little words out, add dimensional and voila! 


A lot of work went into making this card. I think I was working on it on and off for a week, but I could see it so clearly in my mind, it made it easier to complete. The hardest part was figuring out what color to mount it to. I was playing with my colors and finally decided to go with Melon Mambo and Rococo Rose. I am so proud of this card, I think I am framing it! I surprise myself sometimes with the detail I add to my card.


I am sending you good vibes and a little hope of spring and happy times just as this card does for me. Stay healthy and have faith that this will end soon.

Thanks for hopping over. You are presently visiting Marika Laforge, hop on over to the next talented demonstrator. Leave a little 'flower' if you wish!

Let's make this world a better place one handmade card at a time.
Marika-xo




Comments

  1. Very pretty card and I love the idea of adding flowers to the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow!!! This is just beautiful Marika x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it Marika! Just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and a great way to use the wreath. You could make one for every season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and worth the effort too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your effort was not in vain. Impressive card Marika! Thank you for taking part in our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and like the colour combinations, make flowers really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an amazing card, Marika.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are rightly proud of this card. It is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply lovely card design. Love the soft, pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an elegant card. Lovely soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Card! Great card design and colors.😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card and your spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty. You've done a great job with the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts