To A Wild Night... or Rose

Wow, last night was an exciting night for my Facebook Live. I figured out a way to show my face while also showing my workspace! Another milestone achieved! Check out the longer than usual video here.

I've been wanting to play with To A Wild Rose stamp set for a little while now, so I was surfing on Pinterest and found this pretty card from Stesha Bloodhart, click here to go to her blog and see her talent!

This card also covered 2 challenges for me this week: Wednesday's with West Coast Creators and the Demonstrator Planning Place #keepstamping challenge.

For the West Coast Creators, we needed to find inspiration from this picture:

The colors are what stood out the most to me, so I made a card using Old Olive and Rococo Rose. I added some Gold Glitter Enamel Dots. The sentiment is from So Sentimental, I stamped on Very Vanilla with Old Olive, punched it out with the Tailored Tag Punch. I also stamped the sentiment with Rococo Rose on Very Vanilla again, fussy cut the "healing" word and adhered using Dimensionals. I had some Soft Sea Foam Specialty Vellum (from Sale-A-Bration), punched those out with the Tailored Tag Punch also.



For the Demonstrator Planning Place #keepstamping challenge, we had a color challenge.



These were the three colors we were to use as inspiration for our card. I decided to use all three and to add in some Soft Suede.

Here is my Beginner Card inspired by Stesha's card. I used a Kleenex tissue to add the background texture in Night of Navy. The sentiment is from the Rooted In Nature stamp set and stamped in Night of Navy on a piece of Very Vanilla scrap. Everything else was stamped directly on the Very Vanilla Thick card base. The outline images were stamped with Soft Suede ink. For the two-tone flowers, I stamped-off the full image (2nd generation) and the detailed stamp was used full force.


For my Casual Card, I used the Wild Rose Dies to die-cut 3 flowers and 5 leaves. I used the Birch Background stamp on a 4 X 5 1/4 piece of Very Vanilla, this was then mounted on Pumpkin Pie measuring 4 1/8 X 5 3/8. The card base is Sahara Sand. Add dimensionals to some of the die-cuts. Stamp the sentiment with Night of Navy on a piece of Very Vanilla scrap, cut the end into a banner. I coloured the Rhinestones with my Dark Soft Suede Stampin' Blend. Add a little bow with some Linen Thread.



My Avid Card is my favorite. I love the layers to it, the details. It is so stunning! The background is exactly the same as the Casual Card, but I layered them at an angle. I added a lot more dimensionals to this one too. I fussy cut the middle petals of the flowers, added a coloured Rhinestones again. Again with the Linen Thread double bow. Fussy cut the Night of Navy on Very Vanilla sentiment.




Thanks for sticking around for my long video, and my longer than usual blog post today!

Let's make this card a better place one handmade card at a time.
Marika -xo


Comments

Popular Posts