April's Paper Pumpkin Alternatives - #keepstamping Challenge

My Wonderful Family is the exclusive stamp set we received in our April's Paper Pumpkin kit. The projects included we fun-fold cards. Once I've got all my projects completed, I like to play with the stamp set to make even more cards. I also combined the weekly #keepstamping challenge with this week's Facebook Live.



The colors are So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate and Seaside Spray. I used Seaside Spray as my card base, a layer of Whisper White and a layer of Smoky Slate on Card Two and Three, and a layer of Crushed Curry on Card Three. The sentiment is stamped with Smoky Slate on all 3 cards. I brought in Pear Pizzazz (included in the Paper Pumpkin kit) and Soft Suede for my tree trunk. For the butterflies, I only inked up one butterfly at a time so I could control where it flew around the tree.

Card One - Beginner: Simple Stamping



Card Two - Casual: Layering
The sentiment is stamped on a scrap piece of Smoky Slate that I turned in to a banner, and using my Bone Folder, I gave it dimension. I fussy cut the leaves and used dimensionals to adhere to card base.



Card Three - Avid: Fussy Cutting and Dimension
I used the Stitched Rectangles to cut out my Whisper White piece, sponged from top to bottom with Smoky Slate, Seaside Spray and Pear Pizzazz. I used my Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write marker to add grass. I stamped the leaves in So Saffron and fussy cut the flowers, added shadow to them with the Watercolor Pencils (Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight), the pearl was coloured with Light Pumpkin Pie Blend. I also fussy cut the leaves and the tree trunk, added to card with dimensionals. For the card base, I used 2nd generation ink so stamp the butterflies. The Smoky Slate layer was crumpled up to add texture.



You can watch my video on Youtube: Like and Subscribe to let me know you enjoyed my card!

Let's make this world a better place one handmade card at a time.
Marika -xo



Comments

Popular Posts