Dotted Tropical Chic

Sunday I joined my team's monthly meeting. We were challenged by an amazing teammate to try this technique she demonstrated. Let me tell you that Chandra Junck is very talented and so creative!

When you use the blends, please be careful not to dot too hard. You wouldn't want to break your precious alcohol markers. It is a very therapeutic technique. It's also meant to be used with lined images, but I really wanted to play with this set, so I made my own lined images! I used 3rd or 4th generation stamping and used a black marker to outline the stamped image. I then proceeded to dot away!

 I used Soft Sea Foam Blends Combo with Light Old Olive, Flirty Flamingo Combo with Light Mango Melody for the center of the flower, and Granny Apple Green Combo with Light Bermuda Bay for added shadow.

Beginner Card: simple stamping directly on the Whisper White card front panel. Card base is Granny Apple Green.


Casual card: I used the Nested Stitched Shapes die cut for the sentiment, all elements were stamped on Whisper White scrap pieces and die cut with the Tropical dies. Some dimensionals to add layers to our fairly simple card.


Avid card: The DSP is from my retired stock from last year (2018-2019 Brights DSP). I again die cut with the Nested Shapes dies to show the stitching on the outside of the cut on my Granny Apple Green DSP. Glued to a matting Whisper White layer with dimensionals. Sequins are the Woven Heirloom and glued to the card with mini glue dots.


You can watch me make this card here, make sure to Like and Subscribe to my Youtube Channel :)

Let's make this world a better place one handmade card at a time.
Marika -xo

Comments

Popular Posts