International Highlights Blog Hop - June 2020


 Welcome to the International Blog Hop! Kylie is so kind to host this event every month and I love the challenge of participating. It gets me to play with my supplies and showcase my cards! I hope you  enjoy hoping all around the world as you visit the amazing demonstrators who participated!

The challenge was to create "thank you" cards. Here is a simple yet very fun to create card!

What you'll need: an acrylic block, markers and a water spritzer!

Color directly on your block with your Stampin' Write Marker, DO NOT USE BLENDS!, spritz with water (3-4 times) and stamp your block directly on your card. Hold it there for 10-15 seconds and watch the magic happen! The water will get absorbed in the cardstock and that's when you'll know it's good to lift the block.

This first card is all about simple stamping. I used the Lovely You Bundle and punched out just the left end of my Whisper White strip. I stamped the foliage image and the sentiment with Stazon.

For a stepped up version of my first card, I added some Basic Black layers to my images. I stamped my block on a scrap of Whisper White, cut it out and matted it on the black. I sprayed it with some Wink of Stella to give it a nice shimmer (we can't see it in the picture, but it's there!)  A few Rhinestones to add some bling. 


I hope you enjoyed my quick and easy cards! Please go and try this technique!

Please click HERE to vote for my card and make me a Top 10 Winner! I'll get to take part in another Blog Hop with all the other winners! :D I am #41

Let's make this world a better place one handmade card at a time!
Marika -xo


Comments

  1. Clean and simple, and colorful! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less is more! Definitely the case with this card. It is simple and yet beautiful. The black really makes the image pop! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card. Thanks for being part of my international blog highlights this month and all the best with the voting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card Marika! Clean and simple is my favourite style and you have done it so well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card and love how you showed both simple and stepped up versions. I love using stamp blocks to add color blocks to cards. I've never tried more than one color on a block at a time. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts