May's Paper Pumpkin Alternative

Once a month, I use up the Paper Pumpkin's exclusive stamp set to create a card that is not related to that month's kit. Well this month I surprised myself! I made a card that is out of my 'box', but I saw the A Kit In Color exclusive stamp set, I immediately saw a unicorn (please note, I am not a unicorn-type of person). It was really calling me to create this card and I am very pleased with the turn out. It's not at all a unicorn because I couldn't figure out a way to create the horn, but still just as cute as I imagined it!

My first, beginner card is using a Whisper White Notecard. I used the rainbow arched to create the smile, the eyes and for the lashes I used the 3 'exclamation' lines. Everything was stamped with Black Stazon to make sure I had a nice crisp image. My finger acted as a stamp to create the blush on both sides of the smile. I used 2nd generation Petal Pink. I then stamped the sentiment with Melon Mambo, the closest color I had to Magenta Madness. Can I say that this color is growing on me!



My Facebook Live card, for the casual stamper, was made with a Purple Posy card base. Layers of Pumpkin Pie, Bumble Bee and Whisper White. I stamped the same cute face (you wouldn't say that these images were meant to be a rainbow) and used my finger to apply the blush. I wrapped my stamped layer with the baker's twine included in the Paper Pumpkin kit and stamped the 'You're Amazing' on Magenta Madness cardstock with Stazon. I fussy cut it out and used dimensionals to add it to the card. I applied some of the Purple Posy puffy stickers.


Lastly, for my avid card, I repeated the same steps to create the cute face, but instead of stamping with my finger, I used a sponge to lightly apply the Petal Pink blush. I used more elements, same colors though, to create this stepped up version. I took out my die-cutting machine to cut out a Stitched Rectangle, embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder. I stamped my sentiment on vellum and fussy cut it out, glued it to a Magenta Madness strip to make it pop. I put a bow to make it look even cuter. Of course, bling to complete this card.


Thank you for stopping by, until next week.
Let's make this world a better place one handmade card at a time.
Marika -xo

Comments

Popular Posts