Have A Happy Halloween

Paper Pumpkin Alternative- September 2020

Hello Pumpkin

Thank you so much for joining me last night during my Facebook Live. I made this card inspired by my coworker's colour suggestion! I love a challenge and they we're not colours I would have thought to use together! I think it's cool how our minds work differently and how they can spark other ideas! Thanks Biz!

This is what she said to me:
  1. A nice bright 'ooey-gooey' green
  2. Black, obviously
  3. An orange, not like a bright orange, but a 'leafy' orange
This is what my mind said to me:
  1. GRANNY APPLE GREEN!
  2. Black GLITTER PAPER, obviously!
  3. Hmmm... not Pumpkin! Oh, Cajun Craze!

I knew I wanted to use the hat, when I first saw the stamp set I knew I was going to use it to create my alternative card! I took out the Blends colours mentioned above and started colouring. 

My card base is Granny Apple Green and I added a paper design from the Plaid Tiding DSP. 

One strip of Granny Apple Green scrap and one strip of Black Glitter Paper.

I stamped the hat with Memento and die-cut the image with the Layering Circles Dies. 

I made a bow with the Glittered Organdy Ribbon using my bow-maker. 

The sentiment is also from the exclusive Paper Pumpkin stamp set and I just stamped that with Stazon (because I find it is darker) on a Whisper White scrap. I cut close to the sentiment with my scissors. I glued it down with dimensionals.


I coloured some Rhinestones with the dark Granny Apple Green Blends and added a few plain ones to add more glitter to the card. 

I even remembered to decorate the envelope! I coloured it the same was as the hat on the card so it coordinated nicely together.

I hope you enjoyed watching me make this card from A to Z. If you didn't catch the Live, you can watch it on my Youtube Chanel here. Please Like and Subscribe, I would greatly appreciate it.

Let's make this world a better place one handmade card at a time.
Marika -xo



Comments

Popular Posts