All Star Tutorial Blog Hop - November 2020

 


Welcome November!

I can't believe we are already on month 5! When I first signed up with this amazing team, 6 months seemed so long... and now we're on the last stretch!  Whew, time flies when you're having fun!

I am enjoying creating new projects, stepping out of my comfort zone and giving myself the chance to grow and share my creative ideas with you. It's a blast!

For this project, I created a wedding card with the Forever Greenery Suite since it is the star of our All Star Tutorial Bundle this month. 



You might have seen this picture a while back on my Instagram account.

I was taking out pieces and colours and images I thought I wanted to use to create the card. 

I knew I wanted a slimline card and to incorporate some of the Forever Gold Laser Cut Specialty Paper.

I also have the Shaded Spruce ink pad out to spark some ideas.

So for me, inspiration comes from pieces and colours. Stamped images and Designer Series Paper.


Now the ending is a funny story! The only thing that made the card is the "love & laughter FOREVER AFTER" sentiment that you see in the top right corner! I went with Garden Green instead of Shaded Spruce, the Forever Gold Laser Cut frames did not make the cut, I used some foliage instead. I also added the Gold Trim from the Ribbon Combo.



I hope you can see the embossing on the card too. I used the Greenery Embossing Folder to add texture to the card layer.

I heat embossed the sentiment on Garden Green cardstock and fussy cut it out. I made it pop up with dimensionals.

I also heat embossed the speckles with Gold Embossing Powder.


I made a nest with the Gold Metallic Trim. I used some glue dots to tuck it behind the sentiment.

I first place my messy nest on the glue dot, then roll it up to secure the trim.

I even added a second glue dot to the card before adding the nest.


I cut up some of the foliage from the Forever Gold Laser Cut Specialty Paper to make the sprigs come out from behind the sentiment.

I stamped a few leaves with Garden Green in the bottom right corner. Some in full strength and some stamped off to lighten the tone a little bit.

I love how the embossing gives the card even more added dimension and texture, how it blends in with the stamped leaves.


Of course I had to personalize the envelope for the newly wedded couple!

I love my Stampin' Write Markers for calligraphy. I can make sure it matches the card with its colour coordination!


I hope you enjoy hopping with us today. 

Make sure you head on over to the next demonstrator.

And keep reading if you would like to get your copy of the All Star Tutorial for November!

You are at Marika Laforge, Canadian Stampin’ Up!®️  Demonstrator.


If you like what you are seeing, you'll love the tutorial we have for you this month. You'll get 12 projects using this same suite, the Forever Greenery Suite, with PDF measurements and a video demonstration.



Trust me, it's worth it.

Send me an email to purchase your copy here!

Let's make this world a better place one handmade card at a time.

Marika -xo



Comments

  1. Wow! Stunning card Marika! Just love everything about it from the gold and green that work so well together, and the embossing, and the envelope. Thanks for your inspiration on our All Star Tutorial Bundle Design Team!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts