Comfort & Peace for the GDP #268

 I love the Global Design Project for their challenges. It inspires me to create the card for my Facebook Live. After working all day, either at my full-time job or in my Stampin’ Up!®️ business, I don't always have the time to design the card beforehand. 

This week's challenge was to CASE the designer. 

Global Design Project #268 - #GDP268

To CASE a card means to Copy And Selectively Edit. 

Of course you never want to recreate a card and call it yours if you are not the original designer. The polite thing to do is to give credit to the stamper who made the project. It's the highest compliment you can give when you CASE someone's work.

You can check out all the other cards inspired by the one above, HERE.

I love the colours on this card. So I CASEd that and also the layout. I used it as a sketch. 

I looked through my stamps to find a ''peace'' sentiment and the closest thing I found was in the Gorgeous Posies stamp set. 

Then to create the ring, I took out the Swirly Frames and heat embossed the largest circle stamp with Silver Embossing Powder.



The card base is Rococo Rose, 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2", so it's a top folding card.

The DSP is from Feels Like Frost DSP and measures 3 1/2" x 5 1/2". 

I cut out the corners of the Square Vellum Doilies to round it out.

The circle is stamped from the Swirly Frames largest circle, heat embossed with silver then die-cut with the largest layering circle.

I stamped the leaves with Petal Pink on Whisper White cardstock. For the flower, I used my daubers to ink up the stamp. I used Flirty Flamingo in the center and Rococo Rose on the outer edges of the petals. I then fussy-cut those out.

The flower is glued to the card with dimensionals. I just tucked the leaves behind using my Stampin' Seal.

The sentiment is stamped with Versamark on Basic Black cardstock. I sprinkled on that same Silver Embossing Powder and heat embossed to set it. I fussy cut that out too.

I used the black dimensionals to add the sentiment on top of the flower.

The embellishment dots come from the All The Trimmings Embellishments pack. I coloured the white dots with my Rococo Rose Blends.



Thanks for coming around and catching up with me! 

Let's make this world a better place one handmade card at a time.
Marika -xo

Comments

Popular Posts