Kylie's International Blog Hop - March 2021


This card didn't make the Stamp Camp tutorial, but I really enjoyed creating it. 

I was playing with the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle for a Butterfly Bouquet Stamp Camp I am hosting with my friends this month. I just thought it was a little too time consuming to be part it.


Butterfly Bouquet, Adhesive Backed Sequins, Stampin’ Up!®️ , die cutting, paper piecing, Brilliant Wings Dies

I went a little crazy with the Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins!

The Basic White layer has been embossed with the Painted Texture embossing folder and then I flicked some Mango Melody Stampin' Write Markers.

Looking at it now, I'm sure some black flickers would look great on it too!

How I made the butterfly:

Step 1

Put Adhesive Sheets on all 3 pieces of cardstock of these colours: Basic Black, Mango Melody and Pumpkin Pie.

Step 2

Run all 3 colours through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine with the detailed die from the Brilliant Wings Dies

Step 3

Use your Take-Your-Pick Tool to pick apart all the little pieces of the butterfly and try your best to keep them within the die-cut of each colour.

Step 4

Die-cut the same butterfly shadow out of Vellum Cardstock

Step 5

Glue Basic Black detailed die-cut to the Vellum outline.

Step 6

Add all the little pieces to fill in the Basic Black butterfly, just like putting together a puzzle.


Brilliant Wings Dies, Monarch, Stampin’ Up!®️, Butterfly Bouquet

On top of all those sequins, I added a few Matte Black Dots. 

The sentiment is from the 'Les Bons Mots' dies (Well Said Dies). I was debating adding some Wink of Stella to it, but opted not too. 

I really wanted the butterfly to be the focal point.

I glued everything together on a Basic Black layer and then added it all on a Basic White card base.



If you liked my card, you'll love all the other projects. Click here to check them out!




Let's make this world a better place one handmade card at a time.
Marika -xo








Comments

  1. The flicked colours and sequins takes this card to the next level! Thanks for being part of my International Blog Highlights this month and all the best with voting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well worth the time it took. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, Marika! So pretty!! ~ Kim Kroeker

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty Monika, you can never have enough sequins. I think this is the tiger swallow tail butterfly in the set, such pretty colouring

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Such a lovely interpretation of the butterfly!
    Well done! Good luck with the voting, Simone from Germany

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts