Happy Vintage Birthday

Who knew butterflies would still look this great in sepia colours?

Butterfly Bouquet, Brilliant Wings, Brilliant Butterfly, Sepia colours, Gilded Gems

My idea was to stamp the butterflies directly on the Natural Touch DSP, but I didn't have the heart to cut the stamp up, and I wanted a tight flutter.

I did the next best thing, I stamped a bunch of butterflies on different coloured cardstock and die-cut them out. This way I could place them as close as I wanted to.

I added some texture to the DSP, with stamps, ink and some die-cutting, layered it on a piece of Early Espresso and then mounted everything on a Sahara Sand card base.

For the butterflies themselves, I used some Blends to add some shading.

Once everything was die-cut, I just glued them all in place.

I added some Gilded Gems, alot of them, to decorate.

The stamped 'Happy Birthday' is from the Sweet Ice Cream stamp set.


I show you exactly how I made this card over on my Youtube Channel, here. If you liked it, please like and subscribe to let me know.

Let's make this world a better place one handmade card at a time.

Marika -xo


Comments

Popular Posts