West Coast Creators Blog Hop - August 2021

I am so happy to have you back to hop with us once again.

Now that we are into Part 2 of Sale-A-Bration we want to showcase the Freebies!

All the projects shared today have a FREE item featured.

For my project, I created my DSP with the Textures & Frames stamp set.


My friends are celebrating their 5th wedding anniversary and I was inspired by their decorations to create this card.

The colours I used are Merry Merlot and Blushing Bride on Basic White.

To create the wreath, I used the Sparkle of the Season bundle and I ran the dies through the machine with Pear Pizzazz and Soft Succulent cardstock.

I also stamped some leaves with Just Jade to hide under the wreath. I die-cut a bunch of the berries in white backed with adhesive sheets so it would make it easier to glue down.



I mounted the whole piece on a Basic Black layer before putting it on a Merry Merlot card base.

The sentiment is from the Forever Greenery stamp set, heat embossed with silver on Basic Black cardstock and fussy cut.


Looking at my card now, I didn't follow my rule of having an odd number of rhinestones! 

How dare I? 

Enjoy checking out the other projects.

Let's make this world a better place one handmade card at a time.
Marika -xo

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Comments

  1. love how you fussy cut only the top part of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's my new thing... I use a ruler and an Exacto knife for the bottom and top, and then fussy cut whatever else is above the cut line.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Gill about the sentiment--it's very effective!! ~ Kim Kroeker

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use that free stamp set! I love the colours you chose and I agree with the others - it is neat how you just cut away the top of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts