Coast to Coast Blog Hop - October 2023

 

I made this fall themed card for our Coast to Coast monthly hop. Then I cased it for my Facebook Live and made it with different colours.



Welcome to October 2023 Blog Hop with the West Coast Creators team. This month we created cards inspired by Fall, my favourite season. I think I love it so much because of all the colours.

There is a reason why this All About Autumn DSP is not available, it is simply gorgeous. And I feel bad sharing these projects and rubbing it in your face, but it still deserves some love!

My card base is Pretty Peacock with a twist! I added some Pretty Peacock ink with my Blending Brushes. I then sprinkled some water and let it work its thing. 

The Stampin’ Up!®️ classic ink pads are water based, that also means they react (dilute) with water. By letting droplets of water fall on my card base, I created this splatter effect. I used a paper towel to pick up the water, I don't want it to seep in to the paper, just long enough to pick up some ink.


I cut up 3 strips of that DSP and mounted them on a Pumpkin Pie layer. Wrapped some Linen Thread and made a fake bow. Check out my video to see how I made my fake bow!

The leaf is from the Cheers To The Season stamp set. I inked the whole image with Crushed Curry, then brushed on some ink with Copper Clay, stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock and fussy cut out. 


The leaf was added on dimensionals, but the Pumpkin Pie layer looks on dimensionals, but all I did was run my fingernails along the edges to rough them up a bit. 

I added some Rustic Metallic Dots to embellish. 






This is the version I made for my Facebook Live. I used Blackberry Bliss cardstock for my card base and did the same technique with the Blending Brush and water, but Blackberry Bliss is such a dark colour, the drops barely show on the card.


The DSP strips are from the All About Autumn pack again, on Very Vanilla. The leaf is stamped using Moody Mauve and Blackberry Bliss. 

I used all the same elements as the card above, Linen Thread for the bow and Rustic Metallic Dots to embellish.

Enjoy the next project!

Let's make this world a better place one handmade card at a time.

Marika -xo


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts